2 Months in 2 Minutes - rOpenSci News, June 2019
rOpenSci HQ 👨🏽💻👩🏼💻 🏗️
- Join our next Community Call on Involving Multilingual Communities June 28th.
- Video of our Community Call on Security for R is up, with a long list of resources.
- Our Community Manager, Stefanie Butland, spoke at R-Ladies Seattle and Fred Hutch about rOpenSci, Learning R, and Building Community May 22nd.
Software Peer Review ✔
6 community-contributed packages passed software peer review
- nbaR - R Package Client for the Netherlands Biodiversity API
- git2rdata - Store and Retrieve Data.frames in a Git Repository
- citesdb - A high-performance database of shipment-level CITES trade data
- MtreeRing - A Shiny Application for Automatic Measurements of Tree-Ring Widths on Digital Images
- rromeo - An R Client for SHERPA/RoMEO API
- tidync - A Tidy Approach to ‘NetCDF’ Data Exploration and Extraction
9 new packages on CRAN
- beastier - provides a way to call BEAST2 from R
- colocr - conduct co-localization analysis of fluorescence microscopy images
- conditionz - control how many times conditions are thrown
- jenkins - Simple Jenkins Client for R
- plotdap - easily visualize data from ERDDAP servers via the rerddap package
- ramlegacy - download and read RAM legacy stock assessment database
- rromeo - access publisher copyright & self-archiving policies via the SHERPA/RoMEO API
- suppdata - downloading supplementary data from published manuscripts
- tidync - a tidy approach to NetCDF data exploration and extraction
On the Blog ✍🏼
From the rOpenSci team
- rOpenSci Dev Guide 0.2.0: Updates Inside and Out
- Introducing the new rOpenSci docs server
- Taking over maintenance of a software package
- conditionz: control how many times conditions are thrown
- Join, split, and compress PDF files with pdftools
- rodev: helpers for rOpenSci package authors
From the community
- When Standards Go Wild - Software Review for a Manuscript – Stefanie Butland | Nick Golding | Chris Grieves | Hugo Gruson | Thomas White | Hao Ye
- Relaunching the qualtRics package – Julia Silge
- Access Publisher Copyright & Self-Archiving Policies via the ‘SHERPA/RoMEO’ API – Matthias Grenié | Hugo Gruson
- ramlegacy: a package for RAM Legacy Database – Kshitiz Gupta | Carl Boettiger
- POWER to the People – Adam Sparks
- Open Trade Statistics – Pachá (aka Mauricio Vargas Sepúlveda)
Use Cases 📝🙋🏽♀️🙋🏻♂️
- 38 published works cited or used rOpenSci software
- 7 use cases were posted in our discussion forum
Example: Get tweet status ID from CrossRef Event Data with our crevents package. Tuija Sonkkila wrote about working with altmetrics data in her post “Everyday altmetrics”. She shared her code and link to a Shiny app.
Have you used an rOpenSci package? Share your use case and we’ll tweet about it.
Keep up with rOpenSci 📣
Follow @rOpenSci on Twitter.
Learn how you can contribute to rOpenSci as a user or developer.