2 Months in 2 Minutes - rOpenSci News, August 2019
- rOpenSci received a $678K award from the Sloan Foundation to expand Software Peer Review.
- We are hiring for a new position in statistical software testing and peer review.
- Join our next Community Call on Reproducible Workflows at Scale with drake September 24th.
- Videos, speakers’ slides, resources and collaborative notes from our Community Calls on Involving Multilingual Communities and Reproducible Research with R are posted.
Software Peer Review
5 community-contributed packages passed software peer review.
3 new packages from the community are on CRAN.
- git2rdata - store and retrieve data.frames in a Git repository
- tidypmc - parse full text XML documents from PubMed Central
- UCSCXenaTools - download and explore datasets from UCSC Xena data hubs
On the Blog
From the rOpenSci team
- Taking over maintenance of a software package
- rOpenSci Contributors at useR!2019
- 2 Months in 2 Minutes - rOpenSci News, June 2019
From the community
- 51 published works cited or used rOpenSci software (listed in individual newsletters)
- 6 use cases for our packages or resources were posted in our discussion forum
Ever wanted to visualize the popularity of a research topic over time? Here's how, using the 'europepmc' #Rstats package— Dan Quintana (@dsquintana) July 23, 2019
YouTube link: https://t.co/fI5B6PLDco
Thread 👇 pic.twitter.com/Ezsh9jUJul
Have you used an rOpenSci package? Share your use case and we’ll tweet about it.