2 Months in 2 Minutes - rOpenSci News, December 2019
rOpenSci Announces a New $896k Award From The Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation to Improve the Scientific Package Ecosystem for R.
We’re excited to announce a new member of our team! Introducing Mark Padgham, rOpenSci’s new Software Research Scientist
NumFOCUS recognizes Melina Vidoni and Will Landau for their contributions to rOpenSci.
Videos, speaker’s slides, resources and collaborative notes from our Community Call on Testing in R are posted.
What would you like to hear about in an rOpenSci Community Call? We are soliciting your emoji-votes and new ideas for Community Call topics and speakers.
Software Peer Review
5 community-contributed packages passed software peer review.
3 new packages from the community are on CRAN.
- baRcodeR - Label Creation for Tracking and Collecting Data from Biological Samples
- lightr - Import spectral data and related metadata in R
- mauricer - Install BEAST2 packages from R
On the Blog
From the rOpenSci team
- How to precompute package vignettes or pkgdown articles Tech Note - Jeroen Ooms
- 2 Months in 2 Minutes - rOpenSci News, October 2019 - Stefanie Butland
From the community
- rmangal: making ecological networks easily accessible – Kevin Cazelles, Steve Vissault
- (Re)introducing skimr v2 - A year in the life of an open source R project – Michael Quinn, Elin Waring
- tidync: scientific array data from NetCDF in R - Michael Sumner
- workloopR: Analysis of work loops and other data from muscle physiology experiments in R Tech Note - Vikram B. Baliga
- rnassqs: accessing USDA agricultural data via API - Nicholas Potter
- 51 published works cited or used rOpenSci software (listed in individual newsletters)
- 9 use cases for our packages or resources were posted in our discussion forum Look for crminer, magick, rcrossref, rerddap, rorcid, tabulizer, tidyhydat, tidync, weathercan.
Have you used an rOpenSci package? Share your use case and we’ll tweet about it.